Monday, September 15, 2008

My Big, Fat Identity Crisis

I'm having one of those times where I feel busy over my head and have too many things I want to do, and it becomes too much and instead of doing even ONE of those things, I instead want to fall asleep on the couch in peace...ahhh...it feels good to get that out.  I feel overwhelmed, and excited, and busy.  I have never thrived on "busy".  I like to hang out in our house and watch TV, or listen to music, or play, or read.  Sometimes, I feel overwhelmed by the computer.  I think it makes me unnecessarily "busy"...but then there's the part of me that likes my computer life.  It involves my husband, we sort of have a little group we "tweet" with...I don't know...it's all very new and foreign to me.  I'm still trying to accept sometimes that I have a life on the computer, that actually keeps me busy, doing work that I one day hope to make a living from.  Life will take place, as I "work" here, with my living room as my background.  Does anyone else have a difficult time accepting this "lifestyle"-of having a life on the computer?  Surely I am not the only one who has this identity crisis.

1 comment:

Li Li said...

I have been feeling the same way lately but didn't know how to articulate it. Unnecessarily busy...I like that...its a perfect description.