Saturday, July 18, 2009

Peep, Peep, Peep...Talk a Lot...

Noel loves to ask questions...like, ALLTHEFREAKINGTIME. I love the inquisitiveness, and his curiosity, but it can get tiring. Here's an example of a conversation we had a few minutes ago:

Noel: Can you get the leaves out of the sandbox?

Me: Sure.

Noel: Why are there leaves in the sandbox?

Me: Because they blew in there from the tree {right above the sandbox}.

Noel: Why did they blow in there?

Me: Because it was rainy and windy the other night.

Noel: Why did it rain?

Me: It just did.

Noel: Why?

Me: I don't know.

Most of our Q & A's end with me saying "I don't know," or "That's just the way it is." Anyone have any ideas of how to actually answer these questions? It's almost like at that point, I'm just saying it out of defeat, hoping the interrogation will end.

2 comments:

Sue said...

There is nothing you can do during the "why" stage other than ride it out to the bitter end...

My nephew is in the "why" stage. It's like hanging out with an adorable criminal prosecutor and I am on trial.

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

Here's what I do:

"I don't know, honey. When we go inside we'll google it."

The end.