Friday, July 31, 2009

I Want My Mommy

My parents don't live here...and we don't live there.

Sometimes, I enjoy the distance, because I feel like I can sort of have my own, grown-up life. I am a big, adult girl, afterall...

But most of the time, I hate it.

All things considered, I had a really great upbringing. I love my parents to death. They are still married, & they have a mutual love & respect for each other. They are happy people, they are great parents, and good people. Everyone LOVES them, and although I thought it was super annoying when I was younger, I now think it's really cool. I like them too. They are smart, interesting, and fun. The thing I like best about them is that they are wonderful grandparents, and it saddens me that my kids don't get to spend more time with them live and in person. Thankfully, they love to come & visit, and my children think that they are the bee's knees (probably because they are). I hope that someday we will be closer to them in real life...oh, how I hope.

I miss them. Just one week ago, we were all sitting right here where I'm typing. I wish they were still here.


My kids and I spend a lot of time hanging out in this sculpture, so we thought we'd show it to The Neen & Grandpa.
I took the parents to my new favorite place in all of Fort Worth, The Modern. This is the Vortex. My favorite sculpture ever. The acoustics are. totally. amazing.

Awwwww....They love them so much.


A gratuitous shot of the gorgeous reflection pool at The Modern. My little boy is getting so big.

1 comment:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

Hopefully you'll be closer soon.

I love the way you write about your parents. I hope that my children feel that way about me as adults!