Saturday, August 1, 2009

Five Years, Stuck on My Eyes

First of all, name that tune. Naomi, I pretty much expect you to be the only one to get this...

Five years ago today, Elliott and I boarded a plane to Kauai, Hawaii. We were leaving to get married in paradise, just the two of us. It was the best trip and one of the happiest times of my life. If you get the chance to go to Kauai, take it and run. It is unreal.

Monday, we will have been married for 5 years. In this time, we bought a home and had two babies. WOW. These have been the biggest and best changes for us both. We both grappled with whether or not we wanted children. Today, even with a 3 1/2 yr. old with a mind of his own, and a 1 1/2 year old who "has a lot of energy", we'd both give this life we've built two big thumbs up. If I had more thumbs, they'd be up too.

I know that we will celebrate many more milestones together: birthdays, anniversaries, life, death, and whatever else the world decides to throw our way. We're definitely committed to spending this crazy life right beside one another.


Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

2 comments:

Superdumb Supervillain said...

Happy anniversary!

here's a crazy video clip of the Bowie song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyFH4S76ErU

Because I know you two loooove Dinah Shore.

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

Happy anniversary, Laura.

I love your wedding picture too.